What is BrailleBlaster
BrailleBlaster is a joint project of ViewPlus Technologies, American Printing House for the Blind, and Abilitiessoft. It is a multi-platform Braille production system and has a clean intuitive user interface. It is powerful enough to be used in the most demanding Braille production environments and simple enough for anyone to create Braille documents quickly and easily.
BrailleBlaster is currently under development. You are invited to visit the project page at http://code.google.com/p/brailleblaster/. Please consider contributing some of your time and talents to this free and open-source project.
- Simple yet powerful user interface.
- Create anything from simple Braille documents to complex Braille textbooks and technical material.
- Natively uses various XML document types such as EPUB, NIMAS, and DAISY.
- Supports accessibility features such as image descriptions and tactile graphics.
- Supports translation of MathML to Nemeth, UK Math, and Marburg math.
- Dynamic editing environment, providing both text and braille views.
- Runs on Windows, Mac, or Linux operating systems.
- Fully accessible to users of screen readers.
- Optimized for users with low vision.
- Supports multiple languages.